April 26, 2021
Description Project Engineer / Project Manager
Projects will be diverse and opportunities to work on projects throughout the State of Michigan. We are looking for the Project Engineer/ Project Manager to have similar values that match our company values of people caring, dedication, integrity and teamwork.
- Studies, reports, design and construction of varying projects including site development, municipal (water and sewer infrastructure) and transportation.
- Prepare plans, specifications, and detailed design drawings.
- Attend both internal project meetings and meetings with our clients.
- Experience with developing and leading teams & securing work with clients
- Preparing and managing scope, schedule, and budget for proposals and contracts.
- Managing staff, sub-consultants, and expenses during project implementation.
- Effectively communicating project goals, alternatives, recommendations, and outcomes to project team, client, and public (memos, reports, presentations, etc.).
- Anticipating project issues, including advising the client on alternatives and providing recommendations for solving issues.
- Implementing projects from scoping to completion including overall decision-making and QA/QC.
- Timely and accurate completion of GFA and sub-consultant invoices and collections.
- Obtaining repeat work from clients, including cross-selling of services.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
- PE registration in Michigan and at least 8 years of experience civil engineering design experience
- Must have AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office experience
- Valid Driver’s License. Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and organization skills with a positive attitude, and eagerness to learn.
- Collaborative team minded values.
- Desire to solve challenging problems and help advance our clients.
- Candidate must be able to lead project teams on selected projects.
- Projects may require working with a multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers, architects, and technicians and will range from preliminary engineering to final design/construction documents.
- Must be able to document and present work to team & clients in a clear and concise manner.
Growth at GFA
Our staff is our greatest asset. We continuously strive to provide tools, mentorship, and resources to help you be your best at work and life.
GFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities