April 19, 2021
GFA has currently has an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief in our Traverse City office. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a crew chief working for a Professional Surveyor. A valid Michigan driver’s license is required. Experience with Leica surveying equipment and basic knowledge of CAD mapping processes are helpful.
• Interpretation of surveys, historical records, and legal descriptions; perform survey calculations
• Experience with interpreting field measurements and record data for boundary and mapping projects
• Operation and maintenance of GPS, robotic total stations, digital levels, and survey vehicle
• Ability to operate independently as a one-person crew
• Provide mentoring to other staff members when leading multi-person crew
• Maintain safe work environment
• Field work throughout the year in varying seasons and temperatures
• Good communication skills with project managers and clients
• Maintain legible field notes and other survey documentation
GFA offers a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) Plan with company match; education reimbursement; paid holiday; earned time off.
Qualified applicants should send their resume to: Melanie@gfa.tc
GFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer