February 22, 2021
- Studies, reports, design and construction of water distribution systems, sewage collection, storage facilities, control vaults, pumping stations, booster stations, water and wastewater treatment, stormwater systems, and green infrastructure
- Familiarity with hydraulic/hydrologic modeling of water distribution, wastewater, stormwater systems
- Experience with developing and leading teams & securing work with clients
- Preparing and managing scope, schedule, and budget for proposals and contracts.
- Managing staff, sub-consultants, and expenses during project implementation.
- Effectively communicating project goals, alternatives, recommendations, and outcomes to project team, client, and public (memos, reports, presentations, etc.).
- Anticipating project issues, including advising the client on alternatives and providing recommendations for solving issues.
- Implementing projects from scoping to completion including overall decision-making and QA/QC.
- Timely and accurate completion of GFA and sub-consultant invoices and collections.
- Business Development and Client Satisfaction.
- Understanding GFA services and how they relate to client’s organization and needs.
- Obtaining repeat work from clients, including cross-selling of services.
- Experience in business development, marketing & sales
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental Engineering or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- PE registration in Michigan and at least 10 years of experience civil engineering municipal design experience
- Design experience, such as water main, sanitary sewer, roads, pathways and stormwater systems, are a requirement. MDOT experience is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity working with GIS, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or hydraulic and hydrology design programs such as WaterCad, SewerCad, EPA-SWMM, HEC-HMS or HEC-RAS preferred.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and organization skills with a positive attitude, and eagerness to learn.
- Collaborative team minded values.
- Desire to solve challenging problems and help advance our clients.
- Candidate must be able to lead project teams on selected projects.
- Projects may require working with a multidisciplinary team of planners, engineers, architects, and technicians and will range from preliminary engineering to final design/construction documents.
- Must be able to document and present work to team & clients in a clear and concise manner.
Growth at GFA
Our staff is our greatest asset. We continuously strive to provide tools, mentorship, and resources to help you be your best at work and life.
GFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
For application submissions or questions please contact Melanie Nickerson at email@example.com